Search This Blog

Friday, January 13, 2012

Mystery Banana Update

Well, the shooting suckers have been growing so well that it made me wonder what else was happening.  I noticed a big lesion about one third of the way down the corm when I first planted it.  I predicted that it was a node that would produce a sucker.  I dug down to find it.The node/lesion has plumped up.  I still don't have definitive evidence that it will produce a sucker.

I also noticed when planting the corm that one side of it was black and hard.  When I uprooted the corm a week ago, I observed roots growing all around the corm but the black spot had nothing growing from it.  Well today I cut off the black crust to expose the cream flesh beneath.  Even so, that side of the corm is very hard, almost woody.  It was amazing to smell the banana scent as I carved my way through the corm.

No comments:

Post a Comment