Search This Blog

Friday, December 28, 2012

Princess

I am watching Princess carefully, as she is showing signs of an impending flower. I attempted to mix up a foliar spray cocktail to get some calcium to the plant. I crushed up two vitamins and mixed them with some powered milk and water. I sprayed the leaves with this solution. I don't know if it did any good. The cigar leaf is still pale but is coloring up slowly. It would probably be better if the plant would wait until it can produce a few more large leaves. If not, I hope the current cigar leaf will be a decent sized leaf so that the plant can photosynthesize as much as possible. Another concern is that I have cut back a lot of the older petioles because they were decaying due to the low temperatures and the slow down of growth while in the greenhouse. Now the pseudostem is very thin. I may have to brace the stem with some bamboo if the plant flowers as I anticipate.

No comments:

Post a Comment